Thursday, January 5, 2012

Connor's a Sunbeam (and we got our first snow)!

With the New Year came changes at church.  Connor is no longer in nursery he is now a Sunbeam!!  I can't believe it!  A couple weeks ago the Primary President sent home a letter to all the new Sunbeam parents telling us his new teacher, what to expect, the schedule, etc.  In there was also a badge he could wear his first Sunday in Primary to let everyone know he is a Sunbeam and to make him feel special.


Such a cute Sunbeam!!!  Can you tell he's excited?!!

So I took him to primary, proudly wearing his badge, and found where his class sits and was just waiting with him for things to get settled (teachers to arrive, etc.).   He was just patiently quietly sitting there waiting for things to start and taking it all in.  After awhile I asked him if he wanted me to stay and wait with him or go and he said, 'Just go mommy.  I'm ok.'   Really??  I asked if he was sure and he said he was fine.  So I left.   I didn't think it would be that easy.  I pictured a scene very different from what happened, I really thought there would be more tears involved.  But he proved me wrong.   He is so grown up!!!  I'm so proud of him!!   He did a great job and told us all about it on our way home from church.   He is such a great kid!!

In other news......we got our first snow of the season!  (Well, snow that actually stuck!)   It was freezing outside and the snow was very powdery, not to great for snowballs and such.  Bummer!  But we went outside anyways and played in it.  :)




2 comments:

Five Wahlquist's said...

the yard next to yours looks so empty... move to CO already!!! What a cute little sunbeam by the way :)

Lys said...

So cute! Ian starts Sunbeams too, but he hasn't gone yet, and tomorrow is stake conference.