Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had another simple holiday!  Which was a lot of fun!  I LOVE celebrating Valentine's day as a family, especially with the kids.

We started the day with some heart shaped pancakes!  Then I helped out with Connor's class Valentine's day party - I had no idea how much candy people were going to give out - we were definitely the 'lame' ones who didn't have any candy attached to his Valentine.  :)    Oh well!  

For dinner we grilled steaks and had cherry heart 'turnovers' - I kind of made it up.  They turned out pretty good.  :)  At dinner we also exchanged Valentine's day cards.  (Matt and I decided a few years ago that on Valentine's day we would just get each other cards and no gifts, but he does always get me flowers. :)  Yay, I LOVE getting flowers.  It takes the pressure off the gift giving and we enjoy the holiday a lot more!)


 Breakfast

Connor surprised by the pancakes.  :)

 Dessert - cherry heart 'turnovers'

The cute cards we got from each other and family (including grandmas and grandpas) and the beautiful flowers Matt got me.  :)

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!!!

1 comment:

Liesel said...

I agree, when presents are off the table, everyone has a much more relaxed day. Looks like you had a lot of fun!